Sunday, July 10, 2011
When I first started this blog in June 2010 I wrote a post on 5 tips to being a cool parent. One year on here are 5 tips on when you know you’re a cool parent.
1. Driving in the car with your teenager with Lady Gaga playing LOUD!!!
2. Accepting that your eldest child (living away from home) now has 2 rats for pets.
3. Acknowledging that your 20 year old looks pretty with her hair dyed pink.
4. Being able to see beyond the piercings and tattoos to see the real person in your child and their friends.
5. When your 20 year old initiates more regular contact with you and the conversation is pleasant and encouraging.
Thank you ToughLove for your support and encouragement in helping me build confidence in myself and in the decisions that I make regarding the parenting of my teenagers and older children.
ToughLove is a parent support group which I have found extremely helpful in dealing with challenging teenagers. Click on the title of this blog post to go to the ToughLove Australia website.